Images: Printed Wood Canvas: Woodsnap, Custom Candle: Yankee Candle, Invitation Frame: Kate Spade via Nordstroms, Monogramed Plates: Dishique, State Pillow: Uncommon Goods.
1. Woodsnap Printed Wood Canvas - $70
This gift will become a statement piece at home. The custom printed 12×12 wood canvas costs only $70, but the memories will last forever in an unusual medium – wood.
2. Custom Yankee Candles – $29
I love gifts that pull double duty. This gift allows the couple to show off their engagement or wedding photos in any room of the house/apt. Useful, portable, and thoughtful – the perfect combination!
3. Kate Spade ‘grace avenue’ Double Invitation Frame – $100
A newly married couple will LOVE this timeless gift! A stunning silver frame that shows off a gorgeous photo and the wedding invitation.
4. Monogramed Plates (set of 4) - $68
Celebrate the family name on simple, yet elegant plates. The perfect gift for the couple that loves to host!
5. Custom State Pillow – $95
This super cute (and comfy) state pillow is perfect for that couple that met at home, college, work, etc. It’s nice because each pillow is customized with a little heart stitched over your city/town of choice so it’s realistic.
Come back next Wednesday to see our gift ideas for the parents!
Enter the Travel Channel’s sweepstakes for your chance to live the good life – VIP style! Enter once per day for your chance to win 1 of 6 VIP-themed vacations (noted below). After you enter, cast your vote online for your favorite trip in each of the following categories:
- Monte Carlo
- Washington, DC
- UK Virgin Spy Games
- Kennebunkport, Maine
- Martha’s Vineyard
- Little White House in Key West
- Rock Star Legends Cruise
- San Lucas
- Los Angeles Road trip for a week (San Francisco to San Diego)
- Aspen Food & Wine Festival
- Celebrity Chef Cruise Experience
- Kentucky Derby
- Rhode Island Private Yachting Experience
- New York City
- Pebble Beach Golf
- MLB Spring Training
- Dallas Football Game
- San Francisco AT&T Stadium
Only 1 Destination per Grand Prize Trip Category will be awarded and no Destination will be awarded more than once. Each Destination within each Grand Prize Trip Category will be determined by an online vote held prior to the drawing, and Grand Prize Winners will not have a choice as to their respective Grand Prize Trip Category or Destination. Which isn’t ideal you can’t pick, but then again all of those experiences would be amazing! Travel Channel will tally up the votes and give away the most popular trip in each category, based on the outcome of user voting. Each grand prize includes a luxury trip for two including airfare & hotel accommodations.
Approximate retail value (for each trip): $9,000
Promotional period ends: December 12, 2012
Please note: ALWAYS read the official rules! Also, six potential Grand Prize Winners will be selected in a random drawing on or around December 14, 2012 and all travel must be completed by January 1, 2014.
Images: Fossil Watch: Nordstrom, Atari iPad Game: Nordstrom, Beer Steins: Limefish Shop via Etsy, Survivor Tool: Sharper Image, Pocket Knife: Engraving You via Etsy.
1. Fossil Watch - $85
A man can never have enough watches – and this simple, sleek Fossil watch is the perfect combination of dressy and casual.
2. Atari Arcade Duo Powered iPad Joystick Game - $60
Regardless of age, men always love a good game. And there’s nothing better than a classic arcade game with a modern iPad twist!
3. Hand-painted Beer Stein – $35
What better way to share a cold one with your groomsmen than with personalized beer mugs! Now it’s impossible to forget whose drink is whose.
4. 12-in-1 Survivor Tool – $35
Because everyman, deep down, believes they could be just as good (if not better) as Bear Grylls. This gift will bring them one step further to always being prepared no matter what!
5. Engraved Pocket Knives – $18
Functional and cool – your groomsmen will love their own engraved pocket knife. If you really like your best men, combine this with the 12-in-1 Survivor Tool (above) for a themed gift (still less than$100)!
Next up, next week: Couple-to-be!
Win a trip to Tuscany? Yes, please! Having traveled to Tuscany on my honeymoon, I can confidently say it’s amazing and I’d go back in a heartbeat… especially if it was paid by someone else! I can’t imagine anyone NOT wanting to go there, but the good news with this sweepstake is that the potential grand prize winner may accept a cash alternative of $2,500 USD instead of the trip.
That being said, the winner will receive:
- Round-trip coach airfare for two
- 5-day/6-nights accommodations in an apartment at II Borro (resort, spa & winery) in their medieval village
Approximate retail value: $3,400
Promotional period ends: November 30, 2012
Please note: Always check the official rules before you enter. The winner will be randomly selected on or around December 7, 2012. Travel is subject to availability (of course) and the trip is only available from January 4, 2013-March 31, 2013.
Why not win a free honeymoon to the exotic and beautiful Panama City?!
The winner will receive the following:
- Round-trip airfare 8-days/7 nights
- First-class hotel accommodations in Panama City
- Half-day Eco-Journey along the Panama Canal with stops in Monkey Island and Sounds of Silence Island
- Evening at the Panama Folkloric Show including authentic Panamanian dinner
- Full day Panama Adventure including hiking, kayaking, and zipline through the Panama Jungle
- Day trip to Anton Valley Hot Springs including Piedra Pintada, the Chorro de Macho Waterfall, and the Nispero Zoo
- $1,500 spending money
- Round-trip airport transfer in Panama City
- All taxes related to accommodations and airfare
Approximate retail value: $10,000
Promotional period ends: November 30, 2012
Please note: The winner will be chosen on or around December 7, 2012. And remember to read the official rules prior to entering. For instance, the trip must be completed by November 30, 2013. Also, each participant is eligible to receive up to 2 Sweepstakes entries per day during the promotion period.
Images: Compact Mirror: The Printed Surface via Etsy, Jewelry Box: ZGallerie, Initial Necklace: Julie Collection, Bridesmaids Taster Tote: New York Mouth, ZigZag Tote: ZGallerie.
1. Vintage Compact Mirror – $12
Delicate and beautiful, this compact mirror can be customized to your Bridesmaid’s name or initials.
2. Jewelry Box – $33
A girl can never have too much jewelry, right? But it should be kept in an equally beautiful place while it’s not in use, which is why this mirrored jewelry box would be the perfect gift!
3. Gold (or Silver) Monogramed Pendant – $95
Simple and elegant, this pendant can be personalized to your Bridesmaid’s initial. Whether you opt for gold or silver, this will become a staple in their repertoire.
4. The Bridesmaids Taster Tote – $75
Thank them with small-batch deliciousness. These jaw-dropping cookies, jam, caramel, soda syrup, and artisanal candies will make your bridesmaids jump higher than they will for the bouquet.
5. Zig Zag Tote – $30
You cannot go wrong with a stylish, bold patterned print tote. It can be used it for anything and everything!
Check back next Wednesday for groomsmen gift ideas!
Not only are we quickly approaching the holidays, but it’s also important for the bride & groom to start researching great gift ideas to properly thank all their close friends and family for their support during the wedding process. So, back by popular demand, Weddingistas is kicking off the yearly 2012 Gift Guide! Every Wednesday for the next 4 weeks we’ll feature great gifts under $100. We hope to inspire you with gift ideas for everyone on your list – bridesmaids, groomsmen, parents, and even the couple-to-be.
Check back tomorrow for the first installment in our guide – Bridesmaids gifts.
The Knot and retailers (such as Calphalon, Crate & Barrel, Macys, Pottery Barn, Williams-Sonoma and Target) teamed together to get you well on your way to an amazing registry! Whether you’re planning to be married or celebrating a 10 year anniversary – I’m sure everyone could use these amazing gift cards & fancy new Calphalon set. So, enter today!
The winner will receive the following:
- $1,000 Macy’s gift card
- $1,000 Target gift card
- $1,000 Pottery Bard gift card
- $1,000 Williams-Sonoma gift card
- $1,000 Crate & Barrel gift card
Calphalon prize package, consisting of the following: “Cooking With Calphalon Easy System” Nonstick Set, including:
- 8″ Omelette Pan
- 10″ Covered Omelette Pan
- 12″ Omelette Pan
- 1.5 qt. Sauce Pan with cover
- 2.5 qt. Sauce Pan with cover
- 3 qt. Saute Pan with cover
- 6 qt. Stock Pot with cover
- Cooking with Calphalon Cast Enamel 5Qt Dutch Oven (in Red)
- Cooking with Calphalon Cast Enamel Panini Pan (in Red)
- Cooking with Calphalon Bakeware Covered Cupcake Pan
- Cooking with Calphalon Bakeware 9 X 13 Covered Cake Pan
- Cooking with Calphalon Utensils 9PC Utensil Set
- Calphalon Kitchen Electrics Calphalon Quick Brew 12-cup Coffeemaker
- Calphalon Kitchen Electrics 7qt. Digital Slow Cooker
- Calphalon Kitchen Electrics XL Convection Oven
Approximate retail value: $6,000
Promotional period ends: November 14, 2012